Monday, 3 September 2012

Hi All, Sorry for being AWOL last week, Disaster in the crafty space.....

Hi Everyone, so sorry for no visits to all your fabulous blogs last week, But I had a wee disaster in the craft room..It all began when my lovely DH decided I needed some more electric sockets in my room, as I have to go to the kitchen to emboss or use my glue gun... So I thought Fabulous whoo-hoo... Well it all went wrong as the plaster came away from the wall "YIKES" So we had to empty the whole room... and as my DH was busy getting it sorted I had a brain wave ( scary I know) that I would change the whole lot around and get rid of my boxes as I must confess they drove me mad..So I have gone for a load of clear boxes and wrote what is inside soooooo much easier  I hope I can find me crafty bits now...So Last week I had a week's leave from work and boy did we work hard, I didn't know I had collected  so much stuff!!! so the sockets are in 8 of them... shelves up...and room painted.. To top it all it was my birthday that week and my DH bought me a new sewing machine so know I can use it in my room  whoop, whoop, We did have one day out with our lovely Grandson and went to the Warner Brothers Studio to the Harry Potter tour... Fabulous.. So this post is very heavy with Pics so if you are still awake here goes.....
     
Our day out at the Studio's It was fabulous.. wont say any more don't want to spoil it for anyone!!
                                            EMPTY CRAFT ROOM
                                                            MY POOR KITCHEN
                                                              SPARE BEDROOM
     NEW ROOM I KNOW THEY ARE NOT CLASSY BUT IT WORKS FOR ME!!
                                                   A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING
                                                  SO MUCH EASIER FOR ME
                                                                     DESK
                                                  SHELVES ALONG ONE WALL
                                                          MUCH BETTER LAID OUT!
                                             STAMPS, INKS, SIZZIX DIES
                             NOW I HAVE SPACE TO WORK WITH DIES, GLUE GUN
                                                                   PUNCHES
                 MY BEAUTIFUL PAINTING FROM MICHELLE  http://thehobbyroomuk.blogspot.co.uk/
                                     BIRTHDAY PRESENT... SEWING MACHINE
                                    SOME CARDS AND GIFTS FROM FRIENDS
 FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS BREATHTAKING TAG FROM MY DEAR FRIEND MEL IT IS STUNNING AND LOVELY GIFTS TOO X X THANK YOU MEL IF YOU HAVE NEVER VISITED MY DEAR FRIENDS BLOG WELL YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT POP OVER AND SAY HI!!  http://theyorkshirefox.blogspot.co.uk/
 NOW LOOK AT THIS FABULOUS CANVAS.... GORGEOUS....
 THIS CANVAS AND THESE FABULOUS GOODIES I WON FROM KAY THANK YOU SO MUCH KAY THEY ARRIVED TODAY I AM THRILLED TO RECEIVE THEM YOU ARE SO GENEROUS... LOVE IT ALL.. AGAIN GUYS IF YOU HAVE NEVER VISITED KAY'S BLOG I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A VISIT... http://505whimsygirl.blogspot.co.uk/
WELL, IF YOU HAVE LASTED TO THE END OF THIS VERY LONG POST I WISH TO THANK YOU... SO I MUST GET MY SKATES ON AND VISIT YOUR BLOGS I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL
 BIG HUGS MAY X X X ( I thought the cap letters would be easier for your eyes as such a long post) x x x

32 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi May. I missed you Wednesday and wondered what was going on. Your new craft room looks perfect! And to think it all started with trying to add new outlets!

So glad your goodies arrived safe and sound. I'm so happy that you like everything. Happy belated birthday, my friend!

Hugs,
Kay

Rita said...

First of all May, A very belated Happy Birthday. You certainly have been busy, but just think its all done and so beautiful too. Hugs Rita xx

lynne said...

May, I am sorry you had a disaster but it looks amazing, so tidy and so beautiful, we all want to come and play lol.
Belated Birthday Wishes :) Such gorgeous gifts and cards you received.
Wishes
Lynne

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...wowzers May your room is oodles better, well done to Brian on the new sockets and the new cutting, drying & glueing station is just so perfect, the clear boxes are so much better, your room is awesome and I look forward to next tuesday and seeing it in thr flesh, great piccy's May, adore the card with the crown too & charlie must of had the best day ever seeing the Potter tour...fabby stuff May...Melxx :)

sue w. said...

Hi May, I am sooo jealous, everything looks fab in it's place and all labelled. Mine room is definitely in need of some TLC and a good clearout.
Hugs Sue W.

butterfly said...

Ouch - so sorry to hear about your plaster disaster, but talk about creating a triumph out of a disaster - your craft room looks fantastic! Totally organised, and ready for playing... Thanks so much for stopping by at Words and Pictures today, so much appreciated.
Alison x

Susan Flynn said...

Your new craft room looks fabulous May and so well organised. Happy belated birthday xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

From disaster came a fabulous craft room May, it looks so well organised mine is a complete mess lol, I like that canvas you can put it up in the newly done craft room.
Kevin xx

Redanne said...

Hi May, you were missed! Belated birthday wishes to you, how lovely to get a sewing machine, look forward to seeing what you create. I bet you are glad of the disaster now, your room looks amazing, so organised, well done to you both for doing it so quickly. I would love to do the Harry tour. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Bernie said...

WOW May What An Amazing Room!!! You sure turned a disaster into a thing of beauty. I just posted photos of my craft room, your room makes mine look pretty sad. TFS
Hugs
Bernie

Michelle Webb said...

Now May that's a room I wanna be in, can I come and play with you and Mel?I'm jealous! All your stamping Up stamps, and your sizzix dies are to die for. OH did very well putting those new sockets in, even if you did have to have an overhaul. It's turned out really well. I love seeing where my picture is, I'm so pleased too, it looks smashing there. I'm so proud. Thank you May. Love Michelle xx

Anita Houston said...

Hi May!!!! So sorry about your space, but wow...your new space is fabulous! I'm jealous! I wish I had all that space! I didn't know they had a Warner Bros in England...makes since though since Harry was from there! Fun fun!!!

Sandy said...

Wonderful new studio May - I think it looks great and a great place to be creative.
sandy

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful disaster May...cause look what you have ended up with, fantastic room, I'm so jealous...wonder how strong my walls are, maybe I should just poke around a bit and see what happens...mmmm...love your organised drawers all labelled up and so tidy..lucky girl..

luv CHRISSYxx

scrappymo! said...

Every cloud has a silver lining as my English Grandmother used to say.

Your room looks fabulous. I have plastic bins in my room too. They are so useful to organize everything!

sandee said...

wow, not sure where to begin, so I guess I will say Happy belated Birthday to you first, then off to ooohhh and ahhhh over your beautiful organized craft room, I am soooooooooooo envious! It's looks fabulous! And you got a nice assortment of gifts and well wishes too! How lovely! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh May what a lovely read! And what a lovely Craft room you now have! Happy Birthday for last week too. thanks for sharing this with us all. Judy x

inkypinkycraft said...

Happy belated birthday! Wow love the look of your new room, so many goodies and expertly stored!!!!
Looks like you had some lvely makes from your crafty friends! Glad the room turned out great in the end, after a lt of hard work! Enjoy now , a great space o make allthose crafty wonders! Hugs trace x

kath said...

wow may looks like that was a happy meant to be accident...love your new crafty space...can I come and play and happy belated birthday...hugs from kath & buddy xxx

Barb Cady said...

Oh your craft room is fabulous! I am really envious, mine looks like a bpmb has hit it! I think you spent a really good week off, I mean who wants to laze on a beach when you can have a room like that? Well done and happy crafting.( By the way, I loved Harry Potter land too! ) x

Barb Cady said...

Ps. Happy Birthday! x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, it looks great. How long will it stay neat and tidy? :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

Hi May

That looks like one well organised craft room - now you know the question I am going to ask - will you manage to keep it that way ?

But isn't it nice to have a place for everything, I find it helps and the creativity flow better.

Hubby 'Ikea'd' me about four years ago, all that is still fine but I do feel a change of walls and curtains coming on.

In fact I was scrolling through M & S's web site last night looking for colour ideas, so won't be long as one things usually leads to another.

B x

Anesha said...

What a beautiful space to create. Enjoy your room!!!!

Janette said...

WOW May your room looks fabulous and so much stash....omg...xxxx

koala said...

Hello May, wow, wow,wow, you worked sooooooooooooooooooooo HARD and did it SUPER WONDERFUL JOB !!! p(^o^)q"""
Soooooooooooooooooooooo organized and beautiful craft room !!!
I need to do that for myself.
But sadly, my room is not like yours, I would love to make my room like yours.... hopefully someday !!!
hahahahahaha... (^.^)"
Thank you for sharing great idea !!!

julie_woolston said...

Hello May sorry you had a disaster but wow wow wow what a fabulous craft room you have, all my stuff is in plastic boxes too, it's much easier to find what you want.
Happy Birthday for last week.

Hugs Julie x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi May, your new craft room looks amazing hun. Love it!

Donna x

Elaine said...

Wow May what a transformation I love your craft room is superb how fabulous Hugs Elaine

Paula Gale said...

wow - I just HAD to come and look at your 'new' room... OMG - its FABULOUS. Thank goodness for that plaster falling off eh? lol.

Well done - indeed it is a great place to craft - especially like the workstation for your bigshot now.

I have exactly the same system for my punches - althought I'm flogging all of my MS punches as I don't use them so I will put my others up now...

Paula x x x x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Color me jealous! I am indeed very envious!!!! But your post has helped renew my efforts to clean up and fix up my act and my room. I just don't have a lot of time to do it in, one tiny corner at a time! I love all the storage and bins and spaces to work and everything so nicely labeled. AWESOME!

cotnob said...

Wow! Your craft room looks fab now May - so organised - well worth all the effort.
Pauline
x